Director of Commercial, Life Sciences
About The Position
OMNY is seeking a dynamic, talented and motivated strategic, yet hands-on Director Commercial, Life Sciences to play a pivotal role driving the strategy, performance and alignment of life sciences revenue related functions. You’ll be responsible for ensuring we deliver a world class customer experience to our life sciences customers, while achieving our aggressive growth objectives. Reporting to Stacey Long, our Chief Strategy Officer, you’ll help us revolutionize the healthcare industry as we build a world class commercial organization.
The ideal candidate will have experience in consultative sales with prior experience with selling to, or consulting directly with, life sciences organizations.
In This Role You Will
- Generate new product revenue from, and with, select life sciences organizations by demonstrating OMNY’s data platform and products, negotiating sales contracts and closing a sale.
- Be a healthcare data and technology subject matter expert, focal point and key conduit between OMNY and our customers. This includes:
- Articulating in a compelling manner OMNY’s complete set of product and services offerings, capabilities, benefits, competitive advantages and commercialization-related insights to life sciences customers and prospects.
- Confidently and credibly presenting healthcare data products and solutions, give product presentations and demonstrations, lead conference calls, handle technical discussions/due diligence, lead executive discussions, webinars etc.
- Cultivate and maintain long term relationships with director+ level executives at life sciences companies in research and commercial functions (market access, marketing, product, branding, etc.) by delivering elite client service and engaging them using in-depth industry and organizational knowledge
- Manage the sales pipeline from prospect to close and beyond, constantly refining and shortening the sales cycle. This includes sourcing and closing new clients through referrals, networking and other means (tradeshows, conferences, regional organizations etc.)
- Own and manage key financial metrics to achieve top-line revenue and EBITDA targets as well as functional KPIs to achieve operational objectives, including formulating and managing a sales plan to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets
- In collaboration with our Chief Strategy Officer and other executives, identify and develop revenue optimization models for life sciences product lines to drive near and long-term revenue, profit and ROI
- Foster an organization of continuous process improvement; define, develop and document organizational processes to allow for scalable, repeatable results
- 5-10 years of prior experience and proven results selling or delivering complex solutions leveraging healthcare data, insights and analytics to life sciences companies, including experience with research and commercial functions at life sciences companies
- Deep knowledge of the healthcare data ecosystem relative to life sciences and value drivers in recurring revenue business models, including proven strong understanding of the data and insights needs of multiple life sciences archetypes
- In depth experience with and knowledge of various types of healthcare data assets (medical claims, prescription claims, EMR, etc.) and related analytic applications (e.g. commercial analytics, real-world evidence/HEOR); also, awareness of new & traditional data & services vendors.
- Strong, established life-sciences industry relationships. Demonstrated experience working with life-sciences C-suite and senior management teams, to identify needs, solutions and drive to closure projects that align with client imperatives, resulting in year over year new sales revenue
- Demonstrated strategic selling skills that have resulted in a successful sales track record of meeting/exceeding sales quotas. This includes including stellar executive level strategy experience and exemplary communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to thriving in a very fast paced environment; a demonstrated ability to manage and execute with a strong bias for action and effectively prioritizing/meeting aggressive, recurring deadlines
- High degree of professional ethics, with a focus on doing what's right for the customer and the business, with purpose and contagious enthusiasm.
- Hands-on understanding and diligent, timely use and maintenance of sales pipeline management and forecasting processes, including our CRM, Hubspot, to track account information, meet sales goals and respond to business reporting needs
- >50% travel required once an acceptable level of COVID related safety has been reached.
- Hands on marketing experience, especially in healthcare data relative to life sciences
- Northeast Corridor preferred. Other locations considered for the right candidate.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible Time Off
- Collaborative and Engaging Work Environment
OMNY is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Please complete the form below to apply for this position.